Response to comment

Yesterday I recieved this comment:


"i just discovred your blog and i should say that i love it! I live in Sweden too and i have a hard time finding the right products for my hair. so instead of rocking my beautiful curly hair i ALWAYS have it washed and in a bun. i hate that! to see such a beautiful blog from with in is such an inspiration. Please continue writting and i am sure you will be helfull for so many and i just wanted to requst on where you get the products from. much love"


First of all I want to say thank you! And I'm happy you found my blog! :)


This comment got me thinking... First of all, that was me! For most of my life I just wore my hair in a bun, I really had no clue how to care for my hair. I used to wash my hair with whatever schampoo and conditioner that I could find and didn't leave me with an itchy scalp and dry hair. Then I used to pull my hair back into a bun and apply gel to avoid fly away hair and frizz. I still do that once in a while, don't get me wrong, but mostly when I'm short for time or not in the mood to do my hair. 


So where do I buy my products? Well I usually shop at British Curlies. They are UK based, so shipping in not cheap to Sweden, and therefore you pay quite a bit for what you buy. But, if you want to find a good variety of products this a great shop! They ship quickly, I think it takes less than two weeks for my order to get to me. And they always add a free "try me"-size product, so you always get to try something new. If you do choose to shop from them make sure to do your research before. With research I mean if there is a product you are interested in buying read reviews on blogs, watch reviews and tutorials on YouTube to see what others have said about the product. I always try to choose to base choices on people who have a similar hair type as mine, now this is not fool proof, but it's and aid. 


If you don't have the money to spend on products from the UK, or just don't want to order online, then I suggest you search online for "home made remedies". You can make everything yourself; schampoos, conditioners and gel. Most oils and waxes that are used in hair care can be bought in Sweden at local health care stores such as Life and similar places. 


Another tip that I recieved from my Danish friend (you know who you are!) was to not rinse out the conditioner all the way. So if you have a conditioner that works well on your hair try it as a leave in or a semi-leave in and see if this works. 
Basically you have to go through a bit of trial and error to figure out what you are looking for as an end result. But when you finally get your end result it'll be worth it!


Ok, this turned out to be a long answer. :) Feel free to contact me again if you have more questions! And if you are up for it I'd love to have you as part of my upcoming Swedish naturalista interview series (you can choose to be anonymous for that if you want) 

Comments

Popular Posts