My Do: Mini Twists

I'm embarking on a new 30 Day Challenge. The last one was to write a post a day. This one is to keep the same hair do for 30 days. This is hard for many reasons for me, the biggest being I get bored so easily. So Dec 21st they can come out again. Wish me luck!

Last time I did mini twists was back in April, I think I kept them in for like two or three weeks. You can see them here. I liked the way they looked after I washed them when they got curly. The nice things abour mini twists are that they are easy to care for. I will be updating you on what products I'm using this time, but I think I'll go for some of my new Afrocenchix stuff. Also, you can vary styles using mini twists as a base.

Mini twists are a pain in the fingers to do, but once that last twist is done you feel so happy. :) I think this time it took me about five hours. I did take lots of breakes and did other stuff in between. This is a great protective style for winter, as long as you keep it well moisturized.

The night before I did the twists I washed (using DevaCurl No-Poo & One Condition) and DC:ed (Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask) my hair. Then I applied my leave in (Kinky Curly Knot Today) and I added a little more Avocado Oil to my ends than usual since I was doing twists I figured it didn't matter if my hair was a little in the oily side.

I did my twists on dry hair, I didn't stretch it out or anything before, I just combed through it. I added the Rococochichi Rosmary Whipped Hair Butter to each twist. (I review on this product will come when I've used it more, but first impression is very good)
Doing twists you don't need much, so if you are newly natural, a parent still trying to figure it out or just like the look, two strand twist are for you :)
Just done, looks kinda messy.
A simple french twist inspired up do. 
If you don't know how to two strand twist here's a great video from GirlsLoveYourCurls to teach you how.

Comments

Popular Posts