Hair Crush: The Floacist

The Floacist (Nathalie Stewart) posted this on her Facebook page today:
"It is a spiritual gift to caress my hair, connecting with my roots, deciphering my DNA. My Ancestors sing to me, caressing the strands to strum melodies of memories. Hair. A blessing to often sacrificed onto the social paradigm of designed identity. From loc antennae locked directly into Source. To naked crown, exposed to the Elements and channeling the Cosmos. To Afro, raised, responding, textured by Time and baring the Truth that many run from. It is a spiritual gift to explore my hair, connecting with my roots and deciphering my DNA."


To get to her fb page click here


I love Nathalie Stewart, her lyrics and poems are always so beautiful and real. I also love her look. She went from rocking beautiful locs as one half of the due Floetry, to releasing her solo album with a beautiful bald head. Needless to say she looks good in everything, she just carries it so well. 








This is one of my fav videos of 2011. A sensual song with a sensual video. Beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts