My Do: Wraps



"Beehive" type wrap.
From the back.














I've been wearing wraps quite a bit this fall. Wraps are great for fall. You can keep you hair well protected and your head warm at the sime time. And look good :) During my 30 Day Challange this summer I did a post on wraps and posted 3 useful videos. I've been wrapping my hair since I was a teenager off and on. No one ever taught me to wrap my hair, I just tried and tried until it looked the way I wanted it to. But thanks to YouTube I've found a few new ways of wrapping my hair.

Flowered scarf from Indiska
Same style as above. 
Depending on how you wrap, what fabric you use, how tight or loose you wrap and how much hair you have your  wrap can look different every day. Actually most times it's hard to duplicate a wrap exactly the same way twice.

I like to wear cotton scarfs when I wrap my hair, with no stretchiness to them. I've bought mine at H&M and Indiska mostly. I have so many scarfs, and I've given lots away as well. I just love scarfs :) Usually you can find nice ones if you go second hand shopping or check out places like Tradera. A nice fabric can be used as well, just cut it to fit the size you want. I like long scarfs, 'cause I'm used to working with length and not so much width. But like with everything else, if you want to wrap your hair figure out what works for you! You can layer wraps in different ways to get a bigger head wrap or to have different colors or patterns working together. There are so many ways to wrap!
Before I wrap my hair I always put on my satin bonnet underneath to protect my hair from the cotton. Sometimes I have a hair do under the bonnet, sometimes it's just a hot mess that I'm attempting to hide.
(The scafs in these pictures are old, I haven't bought them reciently. But there are always scafs sold, regardless of time of year, so I'm sure you can find something you like.)

Very simple wrap, I've been wearing this for years. 
This is a mutlicolored scarf from HM. 

Comments

Popular Posts