My Do

On Sunday I spent most of my day doing my hair and taking it easy. A perfect Sunday :) I wanted to re-do the style I did a few weeks ago that was inspired by FusionofCultures, but then I saw a pic on Chocolate Hair / Vanilla Care and thought, oh I should try that! Well, things don't always turn out as you plan them... Here's the story of my hair do thus far...
Flat Twists on the sides

I started out by doing the style the same way I did the style last time, with flat twists on each side.
My plan was to do two strand twists on the top of my head and then pin them into the swirls you see on CH / VC. Well for some reason I ended up doing mini twists! No, this was not the plan, and I didn't realize how small my two strands twists were until I was two rows in. And since I hadn't eaten all day and was starving I just wanted to get my hair done, so I continued. When I was done I wasn't liking the mini twists. (On a side note, I did figure out that if I want to mini twist my hair I should use a gel, my hair is too soft for shea butter mixes when doing mini twists).

For this style I used: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, wide tooth comb, rat tail comb, hair clips, bobby pins. To maintain the style I use Sheen & Seal by Afrocanchix, and sleep with a satin scarf.
Yes, those are mini twists...

For the first night I just slept with a satin scarf over my hair, I didn't min my twists, I just let them set. Then the next day I pinned them up. A French twist style in the back. And then I attempted the swirls. Fail. It looked horrible. I think it would have looked better with bigger twists... I hated it so much I took them out without taking a picture. And then I stood there for a while cursing my hair and my mini twists. :) And I finally just pinned them up similar to what I did last time. And kept it like that for two days.

Pinned up for the first two days
But I still wasn't happy. So I had to try something different. I took all the mini twists down and them braided them cornrow stile on an angle so the I kind of have bangs hanging down. I don't know if I love it, but it's different.


Switched it up with a braid
Fastened the braid with a bobby in on the side

Comments

Popular Posts