Cph Curls & Conversation

On Saturday February 11th the first ever Scandinavian Hair Event was held in Copenhagen, Denmark. A bunch of happy curlies and curious people showed up and helped make the event a success. We had presentations with various topics, from the history of black hair to tips on how to care for your curls. The attendees seemed engaged and very positive. I met some new people, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to every single one of you who showed, but feel free to email me and give us feedback! 
hairofheritage@gmail.com

This was the first event of it's kind in Scandinavia. And the first event Elianna & I worked on together. And we are very proud and happy of the out come! And excited for future events. 

This was in our goody bags
The goody bags that all the guest received. Yaz shampoo (from Yaz), Hair Rules samples (from I Love Natural Hair), Mixed Chicks samples (from My Roots), a shedule and various business cards and flyers.   

First up My Roots
A Short presentation of their webshop and upcoming store. 
(I will update you when there's more info on that!)

I Love Natural Hair
A presentation of the webshop. And various hair myths got set straight. :)

The History of Black Hair
Very interesting presentation by Nola Grace Gardmand. Read her article here (for non Danish speaker you can google translate, though some of it may not make sense.) 

Raffle
We had three great raffle prized that three very lucky ladies got to take home. 
Thank you to my two assistants that helped me draw the winners!

Afrocenchix 
A very interesting presentation about natural products as well as information on their company. 

Yaz
A Danish company that makes natural products. Hairdresser Diego did two quick styling sessions. 

The crowd
Great people! All were very engaged, asked questions and listened. 

Moussa
Spoke about growing up in Denmark having curls and being of African descent. 

CopenHagen Curls
Very informative talk about her hair story and pH balancing products. 

The crew
We couldn't have done it without all these beautiful people. Thank you for being a part of this great day! 

Thank You to 
the food was truly beyond what I'd expected! 
If you live in Copenhagen and are looking for good food or a caterer this is where you want to go!

And a very special Thank You to 

There wouldn't have been a raffle without your generosity, so we are very grateful for your contributions! 

And I said it at the event, thank you to the people that attended! 
This wouldn't have been an event if you didn't all come! 

Links to the participants
Copenhagen Curls (Vblogger)  

Comments

  1. Anonymous13/2/12 10:18

    Thank you ladies for a day filled with beauty, knowledge and diversity of the african women. I hope this is not the last event.

    xx Zozo

    I will post some picture from the event on my blog tomorroww.htt://browneyedcurls.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a blog! Excellent! I'm putting together a list of natural hair blogs in Scandinavia, I'll add yours.
      Thank you for coming to the event! We will see you next time ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts