My Do: Inspired by MyNaturalSistas


When I was scrolling through my Instagram time line this morning I came across this picture posted by @MyNaturalSistas with this beautiful pompadour saying the video was on YT. I've been following the sisters on YT for a little while and really like their vids. So I headed to YT and watched the vid and thought: I need to try this, looks so cute!

For this style I used a rat tail comb, bobby pins, hair pins, gel, leave in conditioner, spray bottle with water and clips.
Side views
Back view: French role
Since I was playing with my hair last night it was kinda messy, so I wet it and detangled it with my fingers and leave in conditioner before I attempted the style. I didn't work on stretched dry hair, but you can choose whichever method is best for your hair. I prefer working on my hair while it's damp. What I did differently from the vid was that I did the pompadour last, I just wanted be sure that the French role would work out and that I wouldn't mess up my pompadour while doing the French role. The tip from the video that really helped was putting the bobby pins on one side first and then doing the role over it. This made a huge difference, my French role has never looked this good. It also makes it feel like it's very secure: I can dance, jump, tilt my head every way and it won't move.

I used a lot of gel and the method I use to do my sleek looks: lots of gel and use the rat tail comb to smooth my hair down (not the tail end, the actually comb end). This works well for my hair but may not be a good idea for others. I just don't own a brush and don't feel like buying one when this technique gives me the desired look anyway.

When my French role was in place I did the pompadour. I was a bit worried that my bangs would give me trouble here, but it worked out great. I just rolled and tucked everything under and pinned. I choose to place it a little off center because I thought it looked cute.

I think this style would work on lots of different hair textures and lengths which is actually cool. I was worried that my hair was going to be too long for this style, but it worked out well. Next time I'll make a bigger pompadour though, it did shrink a little when it had dried. But for a first attempt I'm very happy with this style, and I'll do it again. It's great 'cause you can wear it any time, casually or to more dressed up occasions, all you have to do is accessorize according to your plans.


Check out MyNaturalSistas

Comments

  1. Do you use Urtekam products? I love their Nordic Birch Conditioners. Right now They have a campain in Maxi and Coop where you can get 20kr off the Original price. I love the brand as it is all organics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for the tip. I haven't tried their hair care products, though I've tried other stuff. If I can find them I give them a go. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the samples you gave me and I think I will order some especially for my daughter´s hair.
    Ps: I finished the book, amazing, insightful and thought provoking. I need to get myself a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zo, you finished the book already? (Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche) WOW! I thought I was fast, I think it took me five days. :)
      I'm happy you like the samples! Hope to see you soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts