Review: MyCurls Cleansing Cream & Conditioner


It's been months since I contacted by MyCurls, a UK based company that makes products for curly hair. I had found their products randomly and wanted to see what they are all about. As I've probably mentioned before I want to support more European companies and try to find more favs closer to home. So I was thrilled when the company agreed for me to sample their Cleanser and Conditioner. :) It's taken me sooo looong to review these because I had to go back to basics and figure out why my scalp was acting funny (an update on that will be posted soon). 


Cleansing Cream
I really like this cleanser, it does what it supposed to, cleans the hair. It leaves my hair feeling clean and not all dried out. It reminds me a lot of my fav cleanser Kinky Curly Come Clean. The scent is sweet, bubble bum/candy style. I was very excited when I first smelled it, haha. Even though I usually prefer more natural light scents. I do like it, it's not too overpowering. I would buy this cleanser again, no doubt about it.  


Ingredients: Water, Olefin Sulfonate, Coconut oil, Glycerin, Aloe Vera leaf juice, Panthenol, Sunflower oil, Citric Acid, Tea Tree Essential oil, Lemon Essential Oil, Parfum, Ethox preservative (parabens free).


Coco Curly Conditioner
I am still trying to find a rinse out conditioner that I just love, and t's been hard. I like this conditioner, and I think if I had shorter hair it would work better on my hair, but unfortunetly it doesn't have enough slip for me to dentangle with it, which is one thing I need to be able to do with my rinse out conditioner. I had to put in a lot to be able to detangle with it, and even then I struggled :( I'd recommend this conditioner for someone with less curly hair, maybe more wavy, and/or short hair.  
The scent is also candy/bubble gum which gets a thumbs up ;) 

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Jojoba Seed Oil, Cetyltrimethylammonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Panthenol, Lavender Essential Oil, Ethox Preservative (parabens free), Parfum. 


They do have sample sizes and ship internationally ;) 

Comments

  1. Anonymous17/9/12 20:49

    Do you have any other recommendations. I have been looking for the perfect products for curly hair and I haven't found anything that I love. My hair is very curly, thick and down to my butt. All the products I use work for the first week then don't work as well after that. Thanks for sharing! Maybe I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      Maybe you should look at how you use your products, maybe that's what needs to be altered. I'd say stick with what you think works the best and try to alter you routine: pre-poo, DC more often, do protective styles, etc. If you need more tips send me an email at hairofheritage@gmail.com
      Best of Luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts