My Do: Straight

It's been a while since I flat ironed my hair. I don't like using heat that often (read my post on heat here), as you know. But I just had a spontaneous feeling that I needed to switch it up, so I did. It took me about 1,5 hrs to flat iron my hair. If I would have planned this I would have stretched my hair over night the day before, probably moisturized it, combed it out and braided it over night. But like I said, I decided to flat iron it on a whim so...
Last time I flat ironed my hair was back in August. Proof that I don't flat iron often.


I used: Flat iron, clips for sectioning, wide tooth comb, rat tail comb, avocado oil.

This is the first time I use avocado oil when flat ironing, the last couple of times I used jojoba oil which worked incredibly well for it, but jojoba oil is hard to find and very expensive in Sweden. And I use avo oil on my skin daily so I decided to give it a go. I really like the results, it was pin straight when I was done. But in the long run I think my hair got less dry when I used jojoba oil.

From the back
From the side
I was actually surprised I had so much length. I loved it and hated it at the same time, haha. Loved it because it's such a different look and I rarely see myself like that (and I don't really feel like myself when I wear my hair straight). Hated it because straight hair is annoying! It's everywhere, flying around in my face, falling in my face when I bend down and so on. And I had to worry about rain, luckily the days have been very nice this week. It's nice to be able to switch it up, but I'm more comfortable being a curly girl. 

I maintained my style by wrapping it. Watch this PrettyDimples01 tutorial on it here. I added some Afrocenchix Mini Moi to deal with the hairs that were unruly, otherwise nothing.  

Comments

  1. your straight hair came out really good, and I didn't know that you could use oil as heat protection. Cool that Mini Moi works on straight hair. I know the feeling when having straight hair; it can feel awesome, fresh and new, but at the same time you don't feel like yourself, like you're some kind of phony lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts