Caroline: Having Naturally Curly Hair in Sweden

Once again I'm overjoyed to have found another Swedish Curly who agreed to answer my questions for the blog. This time it's beautiful Caroline who I've known for a few months now, I knew I would like her the moment she said she loved hair! :) Though I think she's a bit nuts I still support her if she wants to get a pink weave! Especially in Sweden, you have to be a strong person to rock a pink weave in Sweden where everything should be "lagom"(=not too much, not too little; just right). More respect to you ms Caroline! 
When I was about to take this pic, she pulled out her afropic and lifted her hair by the root. Haha, a great tip for all you who feel your hair is too flat and want to avoid frizz ;) 


Have you ever relaxed your hair? If yes, when did you decide to gonatural? 
Yes, I’ve had several relaxers, both good and bad. I have been natural for the past 4 years, I didn’t want to perm my hair while I was pregnant and haven’t had the time for daily maintenance since. 

Which products do you use on your hair? Andwhat's your hair routine (regimen)?
I use Keracare’s blow drying complex and their oil sheen and Blue Magic’s coconut grease daily. For various occasions I use a variety of greases, shines, setting lotions, wrap lotions, hair spray, etc,etc... I never brush my hair while dry unless it is pressed out, other than that I have no set routine, every day is a chance to do something different with your hair...or if all else fails tie a wrapper around your head and call it a day! 

What's your favorite hair care product?
Blue Magic’s coconut grease, without a doubt!!!

What has (if any) been the biggest challengewhen having curly hair? 
Finding a good hairdresser/stylist in certain parts of the world, Sweden included. 

What do you like best about having naturallycurly hair? 
The opportunity to change my hair whenever I feel like it, natural, relaxers, weave, braids, cornrows, wraps, etc. I am very political and conscious in my life but see no values in my hair and freely bleach, cut, relax, weave, braid and colour my hair. I don’t think any woman should have any pressure to alter their hair in any way due to societal pressure and no woman of African heritage should ever be encouraged to put chemicals in her hair or hide it, but for me personally I’ll do ANYTHING to my hair, bring on the pink weave!!! Hahaha

Did you have any curly role model growing up?
Yes, Neneh Cherry, she rocked!

What's the weirdest questions you ever receivedin regards to your curls?
I can't think of any one extra crazy thing. But mainly confusion... do I have a straightner/relaxer to get my curls or do I have a curly perm to get the curls...



Neneh Cherry
Thanks for answering my questions!

Comments

  1. Great to see Ms Caroline in here:) beautiful curls! I still can't understand how she can use Blue Magic Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner; there's petroleum in it that I would imagine weights down your hair - but I guess you cannot use too much of it(?).

    Is KeraCare mainly for relaxed hair/straightened hair?

    Neneh Cherry is the bomb, and she's Swedish!

    Nandi, a lot of the words in this post, are stuck together -please edit so it's easier to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts