Natural Hair in London,pt 3 (Adornment365)

Read part 1 and part 2.

Salon flyer
   On my last day in London I had a hair appointment. I'd tweeted around beforehand to find out where to get a hair cut and got suggestions by #teamnaturalUK to go to Adornment365 in Brixton (South London). So I called and booked an appointment two weeks before we headed to London. I knew I wanted my hair shaped more round to bring out the volume easier, and my ends were desperate for a trim. I hadn't been to a hair dresser in over 10 years! Last time I sat in a hair dresser's chair was when I got my hair relaxed aaaages ago. But this time I wasn't worried, I knew I was going to a natural hair salon with a good rep, and that I wasn't spending an arm and a leg.

    I got my hair washed and cut by a sweet girl names Jenny, who probably thought I was a bit crazy after she found out I cut my hair myself and that I had cut bangs (which she was a bit perplexed to what to do with). My over all experience was good. Jenny washed and conditioned my hair, and detangled with a wide tooth comb while the conditioner was still in my hair. Then she combed through my hair some more with a wide toothed comb while cutting. She also re-wet my hair with a spray bottle a few times, since it was towel dried it was drying quite fast. As she was cutting I thought she wasn't taking off much, but turns out my hair is around 5cm shorter. (There goes my 2012 resolution of length, lol. On the other hand I didn't BC) When she was done cutting she re-wet my hair a bit more and applied a mixture of Flaxseed Gel and Moisturizer, the salon's own brand. She offered me to part my hair by myself, but I wanted to see how she would style it ;) Then she blowdried my hair with a diffuser, it was about half dry when I left the salon.

In the evening after the cut
When my hair dried it was bigger/poofier and less defined curls than I'm used to, but I still loved the cut! Even though Jenny didn't know what to do with my bangs she managed to cut my hair in a way that they blend well with the rest of the hair if I put them to the side. I also liked the way it smelled a lot. The second day my hair felt good, soft, but a bit tangled, I'm just not used to using a comb in it anymore. I think my hair looks almost like it did a year ago, maybe a bit longer though... should go back and compare pics... but the cut is obviously better.

So when I got home I co-washed and used my beloved KC Knot Today to get the look I'm used to. Still love the cut!

How much did I spend? Well the wash and cut was £25 (about 260SEK) a reasonable price and was well worth it. So, my fellow Scandinavian Naturals, if you are heading to London get a cut at Adornment365 instead of wasting money on people that don't know how to handle your hair ;) I will definitely visit the salon again, if I'm in London any time soon that is ;)


From the back after co-washing and KC Knot Today

Oh, and one more thing. Since the salon does starter locs I used the opportunity to ask Jenny a bit about locs. She said the best way for me to start locs with my hair type is to back-comb, which is exactly what Louise did and suggested for me when I bumped into her this summer. Still contemplating my loc jouney... ;) 

Comments

  1. Wow, behövdes det verkligen Klippas  av så mycket? 5cm?

    Å andra sidan är det ju bra att gå till frisör. Själv gör jag det aldrig då jag har mycket dåliga erfarenheter. Sen jag slutade besöka frisörer ser mitt hår "normalt" ut så att säga. 

    Att klippa hårtoppar då och då är väldigt viktigt men jag föredrar att någon gör det hemma på mig med en hårsax. Haha, frisörer är jag inte alls glad för. 

    God jul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja för att få den frisyren jag ville ha behövdes det klippas en del, och det var det värt! Har också svårt att lita på frisörer, men Adornment365 blev rekommenderade av tjejer i London som gått dit och därför vågade jag ;) jag jag ju själv klippt mitt hår i större delen av mitt liv, så detta var en ganska ny men positiv upplevelse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts