My Do: High Side Bun

I was invited to a party on Saturday, and of course the days before I started thinking of how to wear my hair. I came across this picture on Tumblr and was like "this is it!" I'd been wearing a bun to work a few times recently and had managed to get it pretty big and even with some practice so I felt confident that I could pull it off.

When I was doing my hair I didn't have the picture to look at so it didn't quite turn out as I'd hoped. I had difficulties getting the bun the size I wanted. And I should have put it further in the front, will do that next time, but when I finally got all my little hairs to come together and lay down I couldn't be bothered by moving it. It turned out to be more of a Lianne La Havas look than I'd planned.

For this style I used a water spry bottle, KC Curling Custard, DevaCurl Set It Free, one hair tie, a wide tooth comb, a rat tail comb and bobby pins. Before I started styling I moisturized and detangled my hair, I also combed through it with my wide tooth comb to get the hair bigger and more volumous.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics, took them when at the party.
Then I gathered my hair to the side, added water and gel to my edges and combed it a little with the rat tail comb to get the more sleek look and tied it up with my hair tie. I struggled to get the bun the way I wanted, as I mentioned before, so I tried a few ways, but finally settled for twisting the hair around itself and bobby pinning it down, I sprayed the bun with Set It Free to give it more hold. Then I used my silk scarf to wrap my edges while I continued to get ready. This gives the edges and even sleeker look (a great tip I picked up on YT, but don't remember on who's channel). Done! :)

I really liked this look, and got a few compliments on it. I'll definitely do it again soon. It's so great 'cause it's low key, but edgy, and you can have lots of colorful make up or big jewelry with it to make it an all over cute look.

I met a fellow blogger at the party who took this pic of me and the bun. Check it out

Comments

Popular Posts