Shea butter

I you want to treat your hair (or your skin, for that matter) with something moiturising and natural then you will love Shea Butter. I use it in my hair and on my skin, and it has worked wonders!

What is Shea Butter?
Shea Butter is derived from the nut of the Shea tree. It's widely used in cosmetics as a moiturizer, salve or lotions. You will find it as an ingrediet in many hair care products for curly hair. As it originates in Africa it is a great moiturizer for dry skin, as well for dry hair. In Africa, shea butter is used for cooking oil, as a waterproofing wax, for hairdressing, for candle-making, and also as an ingredient in medicinal ointments.

Shea butter is solid but turns oily around 36 degrees. So when applying it to your hair take a small amount and rub it between your hands until it turns into liquid, then distribute it evenly on you hair. It works well on an itchy and dry scalp as well. It's fairly odor free, and leaves some residue, but it's worth it :)

I use it on my 5 year old, hair & skin. I really recommend Shea butter for kids, it's natural, odor free and easy to use.
For those of you in Sweden, I purchase mine at VitaVera, they ship quite quickly and they have a variety of natural and organic products.

Comments

Popular Posts