Finding My Curls

Recently I remembered something hair related that totally had slipped my mind. I actually figured out how to maintain my curl pattern when I was around 13 or 14 years old. I'd had a huge argument with my mother (I can't tell you about what anymore) and I was furious. For some reason in my teenage rage I decided it was a good idea to cut off my hair. So I reached for the scissors an chopped it all off. I had maybe 5-8cm of hair (probably very unevenly cut) left on my head. Before my BC I had hair down my back (when wet).

This is the best short hair pic I could find from my last BC in 2010 (I believe)
It was after this hair cut I discovered how if I didn't comb my hair after washing it my curls remained. My mother had been combing post-wash all my life, and I always had big frizzy dry hair because of that. But after I cut my hair I started caring for my hair completely by myself. Until then I think my mom still detangled it, though I had started to braid it and style it by myself a lot before that. This is when I found my curls. Strange, right? They had always been there, but I had no clue. It thought my hair was huge and unruely, that it took 2-3 hours to comb through it and that I would never understand it.


After my BC I kept my hair short for some time, probably around two years or so. I cut it really short after my first BC, like 2cm or so short. I played around with color (I have for most of my life) from blonde (yes, it was horrible, I was a total goldy locks) to red to different shades of brown. I braided it, cornrowed it, and lots of other things I can't remember. I did a lot with my hair. So looking back there's no big shocker that I ended up being a hair blogger. I've tried so many different products (pre-blog) and hair colors and styles. I'm not big on being the center of attention, but I do love changing my look. I get bored easily. Those who know me well know this about me. I never had a lot of money, so I have never been a big clothes shopper (don't get me wrong I love clothes) but changing your hair style is more or less free, or very inexpensive when you can do it yourself.

One of my fav quotes is: "Past is pre-lude." Obviously it's no surprise I have a blog about hair... this journey started ages ago. :) I'm happy I found my curls.

Comments

Popular Posts