Review: The Science of Black Hair




The first time I read this book must have been about two years ago. I'm currently re-reading it because I want to refresh some of the topics in the book. I've read several books on hair care and natural hair care (black hair) but to me there is no book better than this one. The Science of Black Hair by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy covers so many topics in depth but in an easy to grasp manner. You don't have to know anything about hair to understand this book; it teaches you everything you need to know. It makes it very clear that there is no miracle product for you to grow healthy hair - all you need  is knowledge. If you understand the science behind our hair taking care of it becomes a lot easier.

If you feel like you've read all the blogs, watched hours of YouTube clips, taken part in uncountable discussion groups, attended events but you are still struggling with maintaining healthy hair get this book! If you feel like you've got most of the things figured out but still want to understand your hair better buy this book! I think you can always learn more no matter the subject, so if you haven't read this book, get it today. And get an extra copy as a gift for someone you love. 

There's also The Science of Transitioning by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy which I haven't read yet, but is definitely next in the to read list. 

Comments

Popular Posts