Review: Afrocenchix Swish

Bottle

Ever since Afrocenchix launched their new product line I've been wanting to try it. Afrocenchix is small product company based in the UK and I've reviewed their old product line back in 2011 (whoa, time flies). The company was founded by Rachael and Joycelyn, two young ladies who are very knowledgeable and serious about providing great products. Read more about them on their site.

Being a blogger you sometimes get overwhelmed with products to try so you can't actually try the products you have been dying to try. I made a deal with the product junkie in me that I could buy all the Afrocenchix products as soon as I had emptied five of my half emptied bottles. This feels like it took forever, but I did it.

The first thing I did when I got the products was to smell them. And I was so happy that they had kept the discrete scents that they had used in their previous product line. And just as before the ingredient lists are amazing; short and natural.

Now to Swish. Swish is the cleanser/shampoo of the Afrocenchix line. The previous line didn't have a cleanser so I was excited to see what they had come up with. In short I love this cleanser. It leaves my hair feeling clean and still not dry. The first ingredient is a actually water, and it is quite thin in consistency. It has a bit of lather, but not a lot and a little does go a long way. I've used it so many times and my bottle is still not empty. I has a subtle citrus scent which I like since I love citrus. After using it for a few months I've noticed that my scalp is less itchy - between washes and even when my hair is quite dirty. Since my scalp reacts to a lot of products and climate change this is a huge deal to me.

Swish has the longest ingredient list out of all the products, but I'm guessing it's not so easy to put together a great cleanser that moisturizes as well. And if you look through the ingredients you'll see their pretty good. I'd even go so far as to use Swish on my kids. I will defiantly buy this again and it's going on my favorites list. This is going to be one of those products that I will be upset about finishing and I will have to buy more.


Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut based cleanser), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Coconut based cleanser), Benzyl alcohol, Dehydroacetic acid, Benzoic acid and Sorbic acid (Environmentally Friendly Preservative), Glycerin, D Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera Juice), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifying Wax), Cetearyl Glucoside, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit Essential Oil), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Essential Oil), Citrus Aurantium Amara (Orange Essential Oil), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass Essential Oil)

Comments

Popular Posts