KayDeeKurls Online Shop

Adeola, the owner of a new online store based in Norway contacted me recently. A new online store, just what we Scandinavian naturals need, so I asked to interview her to get some insight in the store. 

Tell us about yourself!
Hei!!!! I am Adeola, a Nigerian.  I am a Christian and the wife to a wonderful husband and mother to the most adorable girl in the whole planet. I have been living in Norway for the past five years.The scenery in the country is something that always blows my mind away .

Why is natural hair important to you?
I wouldn't say just natural hair, hair is what I find very important, especially now that I know that it is possible for us coiled hair ladies to have long hair. For a long time I believed having long hair was solely genetic, that my hair was destined to be shoulder length. It never once crossed my mind to question why despite the fact that I always had undergrowth I was not seeing any gains in length.  I used to just comb my hair through and take pride in how despite the amount of hair I would lose through my combing sessions, my hair still remained very dense. Yup I was that silly. 

 Becoming a mother and taking care of my daughter's hair is what started me out on a hair journey. I was determined to do right by my daughter. A friend recommended a coconut mix  to help soften my daughter's hair. I went online to check up on it. My jaw dropped as I saw pictures and videos of long haired ladies of African descent. My life was changed from that moment. Now I stalk hair blogs and am subscribed to a lot of hair channels. What I have loved most about this process is how it has made me to be so independent in taking care of my hair. I have gotten to the point where I am even able to braid my hair. Also it is such a joy to see how simple things like washing my hair, deep conditioning and using oils cured me of my "monstrous sized dandruff".  

How did you decide to start an online store?
I have been on a mission to change the attitudes of the ladies around me towards their hair, I am almost like a hair commandant. I started out inviting my friends to my house and treating their hair with the stuff that I had. Some of them had daughters and they too were concerned with taking good care of their girls' hair. It made sense to begin to bring down these products especially since there was hardly anything of the sort in Norway just ole' regular grease. Another reason is that in the course of this journey I have become a certified product junkie, so yeah bringing in these products gives me easy access to feed my addiction :) 

Anything else we should know? 
Right now I am transitioning. My hair is dense even though it is relaxed, but those videos and pictures of thick and voluminous natural hair finally got to me. And now I want a piece of that.  

Where can we find you online?
You can find me on http://kaydeekurls.com/


Comments

Popular Posts