30 day challenge: First Impression


On Wednesday it was time for wash day and my first encounter with Bentonite Clay.
I kinda followed the recipe. I did mix water and clay but opted for a thicker texture (thinking this would make for an easier application). I wet my hair in the shower as usual and then proceeded to apply the mixture all over my hair. The mixture felt like butter it was so thick, and application wasn't as smooth as I hoped. I ended up with a mud bath, lol. But I finally got it all in my hair and let it sit for about 30min. It felt quite funny on my scalp, like the facial masques I used to use when I was younger. It was very easy to rinse out and left my hair feeling clean. Not stripped, not muddy, just clean. Very good first impression I gotta say.
So next time I'll make the mixture less thick for easier application. And I'm considering using apple cider vinegar next time as well. I'll keep you updated!

One wash down, four more to go...!

Comments

  1. Hey!

    Nice work with your first go at bentonite clay.

    This is something I also wanted to try out.

    I look forward to seeing your results.

    Keep up the good work :-)

    // Queen Moreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks QM! Keep your eyes on this space and you'll find out more soon ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts