Guest Blogging at SkandikAfrik

SkandikAfrik
A few months ago I started guest blogging for the online magazine SkandikAfrik. The magazine focuses on anything and everything that has to do with Africans in Scandinavia. I met the people behind the magazine (it's printed magazine with four issues a year) last summer at African Culture Festival in Malmö. I thought the magazine was a great idea, and right away appreciated the professionalism in the team. Little did we know that our paths would cross again. They approached me to be a guest blogger for their online magazine, and I have to say I was thrilled. Blogging for my own blog is fun, personal and makes me feel very comfortable. But it's always nice to take on new challenges. So I agreed to write one article a week on the topic of hair. My first article was a closer look at the Grow A Fro event in Stockholm.

For me it's a challenge to write for someone other than my regular audience. I have to think about explaining myself better and making sure I don't loose the reader because of too much "natural hair lingo". The biggest challenge is however stepping out of my comfort zone. When I started blogging five years ago I was extremely shy and over analyzed everything I wrote about and posted on the blog. I've come a long way from that, but I'm still a bit shy about writing outside of the blog. But I believe that you never achieve anything in life by staying inside of your comfort zone, so I accepted the challenge.

Read my latest article titled Learning to Love My Hair.

So if you're out there thinking about starting a blog or a vlog but you're second guessing yourself: don't! Just go for it and try it, you may fall in love like I do. And if you do, e-mail me and tell me about it!

Comments

Popular Posts