Length Obsession

A while ago I posted this pic in the SA Naturals Group on Facebook with this caption.

Then Wisaal (Wiscellaneous) left this comment, which got me thinking... 

Why am I not obsessed with having long hair? I've been growing my hair for the last three plus years, but I'm not obsessed with it becoming long. For me healthy hair is the main goal. But for a lot of naturalistas having long hair is the goal. People do regular length checks and there are even length check tops! Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to have long hair, it's just not that important to me. 
Maybe it's because I've had long hair as a young girl and know I can grow my hair long? Maybe because some of the most beautiful black women I've seen have short hair? I'm not sure... 

Are you length obsessed?? What are your hair goals and why?

Comments

  1. Anonymous25/5/14 06:17

    Im not length obsessed. I maintain APT because I think tha is the most easy length to handle and also leaves a lot of style options.

    I think one reason people post length checks is because the readers want them. As much as I am indifferent to my own length, I love reading about others progress and look at others length checks

    //Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I agree, I think a lot of bloggers/vloggers do length checks because they are requested by readers/viewers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts