My Do: Braid Out

I haven't had the best results when doing braid outs so I've stayed away from them. (I loved braid outs when I was a little girl, they let my hair hang down and move in the wind, almost like straight hair. Loved when my mom took my braids out and let me wear my braid out - which I didn't have a name for back then - for a day or two).
Then I saw this video with ms Ariella and just loooooved her braid out results and decided to give it a try.

I sprayed my hair with water and detangled, then divided my hair up (since I wanted a side part I ended up with three braids on one side and four on the other). I used Darcy's Botancials Natural Coils Curling Jelly and braided the hair all to the end, wrapped the braids in a scarf and went to bed.

Seven braids
The next day I put some pomade on my hands and slowly took the braids out, careful not to disturb the pattern too much. 
Unravelled braids
Then I separated the chunks for added volume and used the tips from the video above to get more volume. My hair wasn't as big as Ms Ariella's, it hung down more, but I still loved the results! It's a different look than what I'm used to since the hair is more stretched and was hanging down past my shoulders (that never happens when I let my hair air dry after a wash'n'go) and moved in a way I'm not used to, lol. 

Separated chunks
The second day result was great too. I debated if I should put my hair in braids again, but opted for the pineapple method which worked really well, my hair still looked good the next day. :)

From the back

Comments

Popular Posts