Review: Griffin Remedy



These products were given to me as a gift from my friend who lives in San Francisco which is the home of Griffin Remedy. I'm not sure if these products can be bought in Europe, if you know the answer please leave it in the comment section!
I was given the leave in, the shampoo and conditioner. After trying them all these are my thoughts. Keep in mind that that these products aren't specifically made for curly hair (and were gifted to me from my Filipino - very straight haired friend).


Restorative Shampoo
At first I was a bit surprised by this shampoo since it was clear, I don't know why that surprised me so much. It lathers well, and a little goes a long way. My hair didn't feel stripped when I used it, but I think it was too drying for my scalp which was incredibly itchy after using this shampoo. It may also be one of the ingredients, but I tried it three times and every time my scalp reacted the same. Now I use it as a body wash, which works well, it's a shame to waste.


Restorative Conditioner
I was surprised that this product had such good slip. I like it as a conditioner, but it's not as good as my preferred conditioners, I can tell it's not for dry curly hair.


Leave In Treatment
This was not a surprise, but the leave in conditioner did nothing for my hair. Especially during fall/winter my hair is thirsty and needs lots of moisture, this leave in can't give my hair that. It may work well for straight o wavy hair, but it's defiantly not for curly or kinky hair. I'm probably going to give this product away to someone with straight or wavy hair. I do however love that it comes in a pump bottle.


Over all the ingredients for these products are natural and very good in that sense. All the products have a light smell, which suits me well as I don't like overpowering scents. Head over to their website to find out more!

Comments

Popular Posts