Post Partum Hair

After I having my daughter I don't remember my hair going through a lot of changes, but this pregnancy has been a bit different. At first I really didn't see any changes in my hair during pregnancy, read my post about it here.

It's been more than four months since little man was born and there are two words that describe my hair during this time well: shed hair. Yes! Every detangling session I feel like I'm going to go bald! Large amounts of hair is coming out! I think the amount of shed hair during detangling has doubled. My hair feels thinner and I think it looks thinner too. It's nothing I'm really stressing about, it is to be expected. I can especially see it at my hair line, see the pic below. 
Thinning edges
I'm not planing on doing anything to combat this, as I'm pretty sure the hair will grow back eventually. If not I'll deal with it then. As of now I seem to be the only one who has noticed this, so I guess it's not as bad as it feels. 

Did you have excessive hair loss post pregnancy?



Comments

  1. My hair actually grew quite nicely with my 2nd pregnancy recently. Now, almost 3 months after giving birth, I am so afraid of losing hair, especially along my fragile hairline. I'm actually considering avoiding my favourite bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in publishing this comment! There's been a lot of spam lately.
      I try to avoid my bun as well, but it's one of my go to styles, so quick and easy. Just noticed that the shedding is slowing down, almost six months post partum.

      Delete
  2. I'm still shedding lol My edges didn't take a hit, but everywhere else surely is going through it. There is nothing much I can't do but be gentle with my hair and oil my scalp with tea tree oil and castor. Hopefully i'll stop before my son turns one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Christina! I def need to get myself som tea tree oil!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts