Review: Original Moxie, pt 1


I was sent a big box of Original Moxie products a while back. I was very excited when they contacted me, since I've previously heard a lot of good things about their products. Those that follow me on Twitter know it had a lot of goodies in them. Rachel the CEO of Original Moxie took her time to ask me lots of questions about my hair and even asked for a picture before she sent me the products. In the box was also enclosed a nice letter with product information which made the products feel hand picked and exclusive. That's what I call great customer service! As I've started using the products I'll divide the reviews up. Original Moxie was recently launched in Europe and can be bought on Black & Brown.



Get Clean! No-Foam Shampoo


Usually I can tell by the first wash if I like a shampoo. I wasn't sure about how I would feel about this shampoo when I first used it. It feels a lot like a conditioner, it's thick and creamy. And I was actually pleasantly surprised. It does exactly what a cleanser should, cleans the hair. And it doesn't leave it feeling stripped at all. I actually think the feeling is similar to a mediocre co-wash (if that makes sense). I'm not really fond of the sent, can't really tell you what it smells like, it has a mixed smell. But the sent is not overpowering, and it doesn't linger in your hair post wash.

I would definitely buy this shampoo, it is a good shampoo, and I would recommend it. It didn't really blow me away though, so it won't go on my favorites list. It's £20,50 on the Black & Brown website which I think is quite pricey. But the 8 Fl Oz/ 236ml bottle will go a pretty long way. I have used it about four times and still have at least 1/4 left (keep in mind my hair is medium/long length) which I think is great.

Creamy beige shampoo


Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aqueous Extracts of Azadirachta indica* (Neem), Curcuma longa* (Turmeric) Root, Hypericum perforatum* (St. John’s Wort), Pterocarpus soyauxi (Red Sandalwood), Rosa canina* (Rosehips), Sapindus laurifolia (Soapnut) Fruit, & Yucca glauca**(Yucca) Root, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Decyl Glucoside***, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine***, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Preserved With Potassium Sorbate & Citric Acid, Virgin Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Sodium Lactate, Vegetable Glycerin***, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid ,  Cyanmopsis tetragonolobus (Guar) Gum, Polyquaternium-10, Acacia Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein***, Hydrolyzed Silk***, Sorbitol***, Pongamia glabra (Karanja) Seed Oil, Tocopherol*** (Vitamin E), Organic Flavor, Panthenol, Dead Sea Salt, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Essential Oils of Bergaptene-Free Citrus bergamia (Bergamot), Citrus reticulata blanco var. tangerina (Tangerine), Citrus sinensis (Sweet Orange),  Vanilla planifolia (Vanilla), Citrus limonum (Lemon), Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang), Illicium verum (Star Anise), & Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium).
*Certified Organic        ** Wildharvested        *** Natural Source


Emollience Pre-Treatment

I don't usually use pre-wash treatments but since I had this sample I figured I'd try it. The packaging says you can use it in your hair over night, so I did. I detangled with this in 8 sections and then braided each section and slept with my hair wrapped. It did give my hair slip for detangling, but I didn't use water which I wish I would have since I think it would have made the process smoother and caused less breakage. I did like the way this product felt on my hair. It has a earthy spicy scent which I actually like. I was worried that it would coat my hair and weigh it down after washing, but I don't think it did. It felt good on my hair, but I'm not sure if it made a really difference. This is not a product that I'd buy mostly because it doesn't fit into my hair routine. But if you feel a need for a pre-wash treatment then why not try this? If you don't want a full sized one you can go ahead and buy a sample size. I used this 0,5 Fl Oz/14ml on my entire hair and still have some left in the little jar, so I think a sample will work for most people with not very big or long hair.   


Ingredients: Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Virgin Butyrospermum Parkii* (Shea) Nut Butter, Caprylic-Capric TG (Fractionated Coconut Oil and/or Palm Kernel Oil), Theobroma grandiflorum (CupuaƧu) Butter, Polianthes tuberose (Tuberose) Wax, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Cera Flava (Beeswax), Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Essential Oils of Vanilla planifolia (Vanilla), Citrus sinensis (Sweet Orange), Citrus reticulata blanco var. tangerina (Tangerine), Mentha spicata (Spearmint), Jasminum grandiflorum (Jasmine), Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang), Cinnamomum cassia (Cassia) Bark, Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage), Santalum album (Sandalwood), Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom). *Certified Organic

Comments

Popular Posts